• Make sure the subfloor is free of debris before beginning installation.
• Solid-board subflooring should be ¾", kiln-dried to less than 15 percent moisture content.
• For solid strip flooring (less than 3" wide), there should be no more than 4 percent moisture content difference between properly acclimated wood flooring and subflooring materials.
• For wide-width solid flooring (3" or wider), there should be no more than 2 percent difference in moisture content between properly acclimated wood flooring and subflooring materials.
• Ensure that there is proper expansion space (1/8") between the panels. For double-layer subfloors, the first layer should consist of nominal ¾" plywood subfloor panels
or OSB sheets. The second layer should consist of nominal ½" plywood.