Maintenance Oil may be used for the maintenance of all oiled wood surfaces and is especially suitable for the regular maintenance of oiled wood floors. Product, room and floor temperature should be between 15°C–35°C. Ensure good ventilation at all times during the application and drying time.
1. Clean the floor with 125 ml Wood Cleaner mixed into 5 litre water. Leave the floor to dry for at least 8 hours. The floor must be completely dry.
2. Shake the container carefully.
3. Apply approx. 1 dl oil per 4 m2 with pad, paint roller, cotton cloth or use polishing machine for large surfaces.
4. It is important that the Maintenance Oil is carefully polished into the wood. Continue polishing until the wood appears saturated and the surface looks uniform.
5. Wipe the floor with clean, dry cotton cloths before proceeding with the next section of floor to be finished. The floor should not appear wet and there should not be any excess oil left on the surface after polishing.
6. Continue stepwise till the floor has been finished.
7. When polished with polishing machine the floor will be pre-hardened after approx. 4 hours at 20°C and may cautiously be taken into use. Manually polished floors may be taken into use after 24 hours. Do not expose the floor to water during hardening time of 24 hours.
8. Clean tools in Solvent.